About pests and diseases
More information on pests, diseases and weeds that are of concern to Australia, can be found through the links provided below.
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture – Animal Pests and Diseases
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture – Aquatic Animal Diseases Significant to Australia: Identification Field Guide
- Animal Health Australia – Disease Surveillance
- Wildlife Health Australia – wildlife diseases
- Information about Hendra Virus
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture – Plant Pests and Diseases
- Plant Health Australia - Resources
- Plant Health Australia - Australian Plant Pest Database
- Pest and Diseases Image Library (PaDIL) provides high quality, diagnostic images for a range of pests and diseases that pose a threat to Australia’s plant health.
- BeeAware - is a hub of information for beekeepers and growers about honey bee biosecurity and pollination of agricultural and horticultural crops.
- Fruit fly and the home garden website
- Invasive Animals CRC
- Australian Government Department of Environment - Invasive Species
- Australian Government Department of Environment - Feral animals in Australia
Endemic diseases are included for surveillance purposes to detect unusual incidents involving mortality or sickness of animals and diseases of public health significance.
Each state and territory department of agriculture or primary industries has their own list of pests, diseases and weeds that are notifiable, and must be reported if found.
- State and territory departments of agriculture or primary industries
- Pests and diseases: what to look for?
- Why isn't the pest or disease information I'm looking for on this website? Read About.